DIY home fragrance is a great way to create a pleasant and inviting ambiance in your home without relying on store-bought air fresheners. With a few simple ingredients and a little creativity, you can create custom scents that reflect your personal style and evoke memories of special moments. Whether you prefer a clean and fresh scent, a warm and cozy aroma, or something in between, DIY home fragrance is a fun and easy way to add a touch of luxury to your home. And if you need more ideas to add to your home, check out our best DIY candle ideas and best DIY soap ideas.
BENEFITS OF DIY HOME FRAGRANCES
- Cost-effective: Making your own home fragrances can save you money in the long run compared to buying expensive commercial products.
- Customizable: DIY home fragrances allow you to create unique and personalized scents that reflect your own style and preferences.
- Natural ingredients: You can use natural ingredients such as essential oils, herbs, and flowers in your homemade fragrances, which are often healthier and safer than synthetic fragrances found in commercial products.
- Eco-friendly: Homemade fragrances are often made with reusable containers and natural ingredients, reducing the amount of waste and pollution in the environment.
- Therapeutic benefits: Some essential oils have therapeutic properties that can help improve mood, reduce stress and anxiety, and promote relaxation.
Here are the best DIY home fragrances that you can create to make your home smell amazing:
DIY REED DIFFUSER
Source: Heart and Divine
Transform your home into an oasis with this DIY reed diffuser project! Not only is it a fun activity, but you can also use the finished product as a thoughtful gift for someone special. Enjoy some beautifully scented aromatherapy in no time—it’s easy, cost-efficient, and stunningly effective!
DIY STOVE TOP HOME FRAGRANCE
Source: House of Hawthornes
Create a warm and inviting atmosphere in your home with this simple DIY Stove Top Home Fragrance! Use just three ingredients to make an aromatic potpourri that will bring delightful scents into your living space. Learn how today with quick instructions for a fragrant, homemade treat!
DIY PEPPERMINT REED DIFFUSER
Source: The Homemade Experiment
If you adore the scents of Christmas and after-dinner mints, then this is a great way to enjoy them without having any smoke or flame! To honor both Christmas and takeaway food, let’s look at how we can make a peppermint oil diffuser.
DIY AROMA STONES
Source: Everything Pretty
Looking for an affordable and stylish way to enjoy aromatherapy in small rooms? Crafting your own DIY aroma stones is a great solution! Not only are these easy to make, but they also create beautiful decoration pieces. In just one afternoon, you’ll be able to scent your home with essential oils without having to actively diffuse them into the air. These DIY aroma stones make ideal diffusers for those tight spaces or desks that could use some ambiance.
LEMON LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
Source: A Life Adjacent
If you’re a fan of this classic mix, then don’t miss out on its floral aroma and zesty citrus top note. Amyris essential oil provides an anchoring effect with its soothing sweet woodsy undertone. Try it now for yourself and experience the goodness!
LILAC SCENTED ROOM SPRAY
Source: At The Picket Fence
Crafting my own lilac room spray seemed like the ideal way to savor their exquisite aroma even after the blossoms had died. I would highly recommend filling a glass misting bottle and adding an adorable tag for extra flair! This would make for such a beloved Mother’s Day present as well – what could be more thoughtful?
CINNAMON, ORANGE, & CLOVE ROOM SPRAY
Source: Swoon Worthy
The smells associated with Christmas can bring back many cherished holiday memories, so you can combine these three favorites – cinnamon, orange, and clove – to create an inviting winter scent. Mist lightly on fabrics or curtains in the air for a prompt aromatherapy experience! This is also a great option if you don’t want to leave candles unattended or have your stove-top potpourri running all day.
DIY WATER BEAD AIR FRESHENER
Source: Living La Vida Holoka
Looking for a creative way to add some fun fragrance to your home? Look no further than this DIY Water Bead Air Freshener! I know when it comes to bringing in new scents, water beads are always an excellent option. They’re tiny gel beads that expand with the addition of water.
DIY FLORAL HERB PERFUME
Source: Hello Wonderful
Make your mom feel and smell her best on her special day with this simple homemade, kid-friendly floral/herbal perfume. A lavender, rosemary, and lilac blend as well as a unique combination of roses and sage create an exquisite scent. All you need are essential oils and water to create the perfect gift!
Related Post: Best DIY Herb Gardens
PUMPKIN SPICE ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
Source: A Life Adjacent
Invite the delightful scent of fall into your home with this pumpkin spice-scented air freshener. Enjoy the sweet and spicy aroma of a warm pumpkin pie, without having to make it yourself!
DIY FALL SCENTED WAX MELTS
Source: A Cultivated Nest
The delightful Fall aromas of cinnamon, clove, vanilla, and orange are my absolute favorites! I used to fill up the house with artificial scents from candles, wax tarts, plug-ins, and sprays. But now I’m more conscious about going natural when it comes to bringing fragrances into my home – swapping out unsafe artificial ingredients for essential oils or other safe organic alternatives.
LIME, ROSEMARY, & VANILLA POTPOURRI
Source: Glue Sticks & Gumdrops
Need a cozy scent and some new inspiration? Then this simmering potpourri recipe is for you! Whether you choose to make it in the crockpot or on the stove, you won’t be disappointed. The best part about using a crockpot is that all you need to do is set it on low and let it go for hours – your home will smell amazing without any extra work from you. You can achieve similar results when cooking on the stove too; just add more water as needed. It’s really quite simple!
DIY AROMATIC WAX FIRE STARTERS
Source: Hello Glow
Unlike a candle, these wax fire starters have dried leaves and pine cones to assist with igniting the flame. To make it even more special, you can include some whole spices and herbs for an invigorating scent as the blaze burns!
LAVENDER EUCALYPTUS ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
Source: A Life Adjacent
This powerful, aromatic blend of essential oils is believed to be a natural remedy for congestion and headaches.
DIY FRENCH VANILLA COFFEE CANDLES
Source: Hello Glow
As temperatures begin to cool, making your house warm and inviting can become a delightful task. With the change in season comes exciting opportunities for baking delicious pies and lighting cozy fires – or even better- aromatic candles! You can craft a special candle blend of coffee & vanilla beans giving off an incredibly indulgent aroma that will surely tempt you back into the kitchen each time.
HERBAL DREAM PILLOWS
Source: Mountaing Rose Herbs
For centuries, placing herbs beneath a pillow was thought to ward off evil forces, bring good dreams and even foretell the future. Whatever your purpose may be in utilizing herbal pillows, they are an excellent way of achieving restful sleep while encouraging dreaming. Craft your own botanical blend or make one with fragrant herbs that you find calming; either way, creating these pillows is easy!
BAKING SODA AIR FRESHENER DISKS
Source: Easy Peasy Creative
These amazing air freshener discs, infused with baking soda and essential oils, are not only incredibly fragrant but will also effectively eliminate any unwanted odors in your house, office, or car.
CHRISTMAS-EMBEDDED WAX MELTS
Source: Cosy Owl
Whether for customers or as stocking stuffers, these festive wax melts will surely bring delight. Not only do they fill the place with a delightful scent but also melt in mesmerizing hues of dye and mica powder. Get ready to be swept away by their beauty!
DIY home fragrance is a great way to add a personal touch to your living space. Not only can it be cost-effective, but it also allows you to customize the scent to your liking using natural ingredients. It also has the added benefit of being eco-friendly and potentially having therapeutic properties. Not only it can make your home smell good, but it can also be a fun and creative activity. Overall, making your own home fragrance can be a great way to enhance the overall atmosphere of your home and make it a more inviting and pleasant place to be.
SOME HOME FRAGRANCE ITEMS THAT YOU CAN BUY:
- Fresh scent Clean Linen : Keep it clean with air. Crafted with notes of Crisp Air, Fresh Laundry and Lily of the Valley, this fragrance is masterfully designed to give you all the fresh feels.
- Includes: One fragrance diffuser glass bottle, 6.7 fl oz mixture of essential oils combined with fragrance, one pc. of real preserved baby's breath flowers, and 8 pure cotton sticks. Adjust the amount...
- Long-lasting Scent: Enjoy up to 90 days of fragrant aroma. Once the reeds absorb the fragrance and release it in the air, it will subtly diffuse the scent across the room for weeks.
- Low Noise & Sleep Better: Adopted noise reduction technology, ultrasonic diffuser operates quietly with no water dripping sounds, creates a restful and soothing environment for undisturbed relaxation,...
- 500ML Diffuser, Ideal for Large Room：The covering area reaches up to 480 ft², which can use in a large room.Enjoy up to 20 hours Fragrance. The three-time setting for option: 1/3/6H timer.
- Superior Safety：You can keep this aromatherapy diffuser on at night, no need to worry about overheating because of the automatic shut-off function when there is no water in it, which assures safety...
- A heartwarming blend of cinnamon, baking spices, and a hint of freshly poured tea
- Up to 30 days of air freshening, odor eliminating scents
- Honeycomb lid delivers maximum fragrance release