Looking for spice blend gift ideas for the upcoming holiday season? Spice blends are a fun and easy way to give as gifts! Today, we’ll take a look at 12 of the best spice blends to try. From curry powder to Italian seasoning, there’s something for everyone in this roundup. So why not give one (or more) of these blends a try? You might be surprised at how much you love them!
Pre-mixed blends will save you a lot of time and effort from measuring out each spice for every dish. Not only will it inspire you to find new ways to season your food, but you can also add different flavors to otherwise dull dishes like chicken or roasted vegetables. This will allows you to get creative in the kitchen and come up with flavor profiles that sound delicious and work well with other foods.
To start with your gift, you can purchase new spice jars or reuse the ones you already have. Ball mason jars work well for this project. You will also need labels, baker’s twine, and ribbon to decorate the jars to make them pretty and festive when you give them to your loved ones.
You can also check out our Best Spice Rack & Organization Ideas if you love collecting and displaying spices in your kitchen.
Here are the spice blends gift ideas:
Source: Curious Cuisiniere
You can use it to make curries or as a savory seasoning for other dishes. To make the typical masala, you start by roasting whole spices. This makes the flavors come out more and also makes them smell better.
Source: Spend With Pennies
This is usually an herb mix of oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil, and sometimes other herbs like marjoram. It’s perfect for adding to pizza sauces or pasta dishes. You can also make your own mixes with whatever herbs you like best.
Source: Gimme Some Oven
A rustic and spicy blend from Louisiana that typically features paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano. As with any recipe, everyone has their own spin on it. You can include salt in your blend so you can use the seasoning as is or leave it out and add salt to taste separately.
Mexican Spice Mix
Source: The Spruce Eats
Having a premade Mexican spice blend at home is helpful if you frequently cook Mexican food. It’s also delicious and versatile, which makes it easy to experiment without having to worry about precise measurements.
Source: Dinner At The Zoo
It will only take you 3 minutes to put together! The rub is a blend of brown sugar, regular paprika, smoked paprika, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. All you have to do is stir everything together and then get grilling!
This homemade chili powder is an awesome, simple blend of herbs and spices. You’ll never buy the commercial stuff again! Store refrigerated in an airtight container for best results. Make up a big batch and give these as a gift to spice-lovers in your life.
An aromatic blend of Indian spices. If you have the time, it’s best to make garam masala with whole spices that have been roasted and ground. But if you’re in a bind, this quick and easy substitute will do the trick.
Herbes de Provence
Source: The Spruce Eats
Mediterranean cuisine often uses a combination of dried herbs to give food a unique flavor. This blend of spices, called herbes de Provence, originated in southeastern France where summertime herbs are plentiful and used daily in cooking. Herbes de Provence can be used to enhance the taste of chicken, roasted vegetables, grilled fish, salads, tomato-based soups, and stews like ratatouille.
Jamaican Jerk Spice
Source: Jo Cooks
Not only will you save money by making your own Jamaican jerk spice blend, but it also adds a fiery kick of flavor to many dishes. Feel free to experiment with different proportions and types of spices until you find a combination that suits your taste.
Montreal Steak Spice
Source: Culinary Hill
This steak rub is a delicious blend of herbs that can be used to add flavor to any dish, especially grilled meats. It’s also great for seasoning burgers, steaks, and chops before grilling or roasting. If you don’t have dill seed on-hand for your Montreal Steak Seasoning, 1 tablespoon of dill weed works as a great substitute.
Source: The Recipe Critic
A homemade taco seasoning is the perfect mixture of spices that will tantalize your taste buds! You’ll never want to buy store-bought again after trying this recipe. It’s not only way better than the packaged version, but your family will love it too!
Source: My Baking Addiction
Definitely, a breeze to make and will come in handy for all sorts of recipes, from dips and dressings to anything that calls for a packet of ranch seasoning. All you need to do is combine all the ingredients in a bowl and give them a good whisk.
Source: My Forking Life
Take control of your BBQ flavor by making this seasoning mix with only 7 ingredients. You’ll love being able to customize the taste to fit whatever you’re grilling up, whether it’s chicken, steak, vegetables, or anything else!
Source: Evolving Table
This Greek Seasoning is the key to making healthy, authentic dishes right in your own kitchen. This recipe only requires a few dried herbs and spices, and it lasts for over a year. Perfect for chicken, gyros, or any other Mediterranean dish!
Ethiopian Berbere Spice Blend
Source: Feasting At Home
Berbere, a key part of Ethiopian cuisine, is traditionally very spicy and full of interesting flavors. This Ethiopian Spice Blend is the ideal way to richly flavor vegetables, meats, grains, and legumes. Try rubbing it on roasted vegetables or seafood and meat, adding a little to soups and stews, or even experimenting with Ethiopian dishes!
Za’atar Spice Recipe
Source: Feasting At Home
Add some flavor to your food with this Za’atar Spice Recipe. This spice blend can be used in many ways: as a rub for chicken, beef, lamb, or fish; sprinkled over hummus, Labneh, or baba ganoush; or mixed with olive oil for a flavorful marinade.
- Christmas Eve Dinner Ideas
- Best Christmas Slow Cooker Breakfast Recipes
- Cozy Winter Soup Recipes To Keep You Warm
SOME SPICE JARS AND ORGANIZERS THAT YOU CAN BUY:
- SMART & STYLISH DESIGN: rotates for easy access to spices on countertops or in cabinets; stainless steel construction adds a modern look to your kitchen
- SPICES INCLUDES: bay leaves, basil, celery salt, chives, coriander, crushed mint, fennel seed, herbes de provence, Italian seasoning, marjoram, oregano, parsley, pizza seasoning, rosemary, sea salt,...
- REMOVABLE SIFTER DISCS: allow you to easily sprinkle, scoop, and pour spices, or refill jars
- A Complete Spice Tool Set - 1 x 4-tier Spice Rack, 28 x Square Empty Glass Spice Jars, 386 x Spice Labels, 1 x Collapsible Silicone Funnel, 1 x Chalk Marker; Clear view design allowing you to cook...
- 4 Tier Spice Rack - Made of strong steel and powder coatings electrostatic spray finished; Inclined design make it easy to locate and quickly grab what you need, turn any mess of spice into an...
- 28 Glass Spice Jars - Made of lead-free durable glass; Feature sift and pour lids allow you either shaking or measuring with spoons, metal airtight caps keep your spices stay fresher longer; The...
- ALL YOU NEED ARE IN ONE PACK: Contains 24 glass square spice jars, 24 shaker lids, 492 labels of 3 different types for identifying, a marker and a collapsible silicone funnel for refilling. All...
- PREMIUM THICK GLASS JARS: These spice jars is made of thickened glass with square shapes of high-transparency visibility, you can see the contents in the jars directly with what’s inside and how...
- DUAL FUNCTIONAL SHAKR LIDS: For both powder and herbs, we have a special 2-in-1 shaker lid for jars with 2 kinds of sprinkle ports, one is porous for powder ground spices and one is flip for herbs and...
📌 FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
📌PIN TO SAVE FOR LATER!