Are you ready to swap out your jingle bells for something a little more… fjord jolly? Well, buckle up your snow boots and get ready to Nordic-fy your nooks and crannies with the kind of Christmas decor that’s more at home in a quaint Stockholm street than a bustling Times Square. We’re talking about the best Scandinavian Christmas decors that’ll have your home feeling like a warm hug from a friendly reindeer. From minimalist to merry, let’s get ready to sleigh this holiday season with style so chill, it could freeze a meatball! Now, let the sledding into Scandi-splendor commence!
Here are the best Scandinavian-inspired Christmas decorations to consider:
These little guys are all the rage, and it’s clear why. Tomte or Nisse gnomes add an instant touch of charm with their long beards and pointy hats. Place them on your mantle or tuck them into your tree for a magical touch.
DIY PAPER STARS
You’ve seen them in all the cozy Insta posts, and guess what? They’re super easy to make! Check out this tutorial to craft your own.
Think less is more with a simple wreath made of greenery and a few well-placed baubles. Sometimes, the most understated decorations make the most significant impact.
Scandinavians know that the key to coziness is candlelight. Cluster flickering candles on windowsills, tables, and fireplaces to create a warm glow.
WHITE AND WOOD
Mixing white decor with natural wood creates a clean, serene atmosphere that’s oh-so-Scandi. Think wooden stars or figurines against a snowy backdrop.
FAIRY LIGHT JARS
Pop some LED fairy lights into mason jars for an enchanting, twinkling effect. It’s like capturing stars!
Who says advent calendars are just for kids? Choose a stylish Scandi design to count down the days in style.
Toss some cable-knit throws and sheepskin rugs over your furniture to add a layer of warmth and texture.
Related Post: Best DIY Christmas Macrame Decors
Go for a potted evergreen on your dining table. It’s simple, sweet, and screams Scandinavian chic.
Gather some pinecones and arrange them as a centerpiece. Add a splash of white paint for a frosted look.
Opt for black and white decorations for a modern twist on holiday classics.
Choose stockings in muted tones with clean lines. They’ll look super sleek hanging from your mantle.
Select ornaments shaped like animals, trees, or snowflakes for a touch of the great outdoors.
DALA HORSE ACCENTS
These traditional carved, painted horses are a staple in Swedish decor. They make adorable Christmas ornaments!
CINNAMON STICK BUNDLES
Tie cinnamon sticks with twine for a rustic look and delightful aroma. You can even hang them in your tree!
YULE LOG DISPLAY
Create a faux yule log display with birch logs and sprigs of greenery for a rustic touch.
Make paper snowflakes and string them up for a homemade touch. No two snowflakes, or in this case decor pieces, are the same!
SILVER AND GOLD ACCENTS
Sprinkle in some metallic elements for a bit of sparkle without overwhelming the minimalist vibe.
VERTICAL HANGING RIBBONS
Hang ornaments on ribbons from the ceiling for a whimsical, floating decoration.
Wrap gifts in brown paper and adorn them with simple string and sprigs of greenery.
Use a stencil and faux snow spray to create festive patterns on your windows.
Take a bare branch, place it in a tall vase, and hang delicate ornaments on it for a modern tree alternative.
Related Post: Best Christmas Farmhouse Decor Ideas
HOLIDAY CARD DISPLAY
Create a lovely card display using twine and clips for all the season’s greetings you’ve received.
String up a homemade felt garland for a colorful yet soft accent.
Create a little Christmas village out of ceramic houses for a charming mantel or windowsill scene.
COOKIE CUTTER WALL ART
Hang cookie cutters with pretty ribbons to celebrate a baker’s Christmas.
PERSONALIZED PLACE SETTINGS
Use simple tags and greenery to create personalized place settings that will make each guest feel special.
Are you ready to swap out your jingle bells for something a little more… fjord jolly? Well, buckle up your snow boots and get ready to Nordic-fy your nooks and crannies with the kind of Christmas decor that’s more at home in a quaint Stockholm street than a bustling Times Square. We’re talking the best Scandinavian Christmas decors that’ll have your home feeling like a warm hug from a friendly reindeer. From minimalist to merry, let’s get ready to sleigh this holiday season with style so chill, it could freeze a meatball! Now, let the sledding into Scandi-splendor commence!
- Best Christmas Mantel Decor Ideas
- Best Christmas Wall Decor Ideas
- Free 6 Christmas To-Do List Printables
SOME MODERN CHRISTMAS DECOR YOU CAN BUY:
- [UPGRADE 200 BULBS + More BRIGHTNESS LEVELS]: The LED starburst string lights have 5 LED bulbs on each copper wire. The sphere string light has 200 LED bulbs. Starburst lights have 8 flashing modes...
- [TIMING FUNCTION + REMOTE CONTROL]：The starburst fairy lights can be set to automatically turn on for 6 hours and turn off for 18 hours. You can also use the remote control to turn the starburst...
- [BATTERY POWER + ENERGY SAVINGS]：The copper wire fireworks lights need 4 AA batteries,battery hanging light get rid of the socket control, you can put it wherever you need it. The starburst lights...
- 🎄【Prelit White Birch Tree】 With the natural birch tree bark texture, flexible tree branches and 24 LED soft warm lights, tree lamp decor is an essential decor for Monthers, Fanthers Day,...
- 🎄【Multiples Purposes Xmas Decoration】 Add this white tree with lights to your house for a festive touch. Ideal home decor for indoor and outdoor, perfect for christmas decor, dinner party,...
- 🎄【Special Timer Function】This lovely branch tree decor is 3 AA batteries (NOT INCLUDED) powered with timer mode which saves you the hassle of manually turning on and off the light. When timer...
- 💖Lucky Gnome, also known as Tomte or Nisse. Brought us good luck. Santa gnome is very suitable for spreading the traditional spirit. In Scandinavian folklore, goblins guard their houses. It is...
- 💖Each plush elf is carefully crafted by professional craftsmen using high-quality cotton. Very soft when held and touched. The beard is very smooth and delicate, and will not fall. These plush toys...
- 💖Gnomes are the perfect home decor. The lovely Swedish tomte gnome can add a festive touch to Christmas home decorations. Put them in the room and decorate the room, such as desks, tables, sofas,...